Assuming Her Life


“Hey, call me a scumbag, but I was looking for a new life and I managed to find one. I was a private detective with no life, no family, and little health left. I worked a missing person’s case to find Becky, a pretty brunette with a nice trust fund, hooked up with the wrong crowd. I got a hold of some of her personal items left behind and went to see my friend Madame Olga. The old gal gave me a spell to track her across the country, and loaned me her medallion for emergencies.

I found Becky, dead with her boyfriend as a burn victim Jane Doe in a Detroit potter’s field. No one had matched her to an east coast girl whose parents were looking for her. With no ID found with the body, I could see why.

Seeing my chance, I used Becky’s personal items with the medallion to become her. I had enough surface memories to pull it off, and this girl was headed for a posh life. I learned enough of her story in Detroit to fill in the blanks, and arranged for her reunion with her folks. I played it as the contrite little girl who’d learned her lesson.

Now, I have a new life with a healthy young body and an impending Trust Fund to help pay the bills. Becky may not have appreciated her old life, but I certainly do. If you looked as hot as I do now, you would too.