On the Fritz


“I used to be Stacey's house slave, or at least it seemed that way. Any time she had some little chore that needed doing, she'd call me over and I like a good little Horney nerd would go over and do it for her. Did I ever get anything out of her for it? No, but she had me well trained.

Then her computer goes on the fritz, and who does she call? You guessed it, good old Tom to the rescue. It turns out she had a bad electrical socket and no surge protector. I'm working on her breaker box, trying to find the right circuit, when she grabs the power cord to yank it out and all hell breaks loose.

Next thing I know, I'm sitting on the floor propped up against the mirror feeling really strange. I look across the room and see my body laying there on its back twitching. I try to stand up and nearly fall over on Stacey's high heels. I'm in Stacey's body!

I end up calling 911, and the EMT's pronounce me dead at the scene. I'm checking around for Stacy in here, but she’s not on board, but a lot of her sub-conscious memories are still here. I know enough to get by in her body. I also know she felt nothing for me; I was just a convenience for her.

So I'm taking over her life, and actually I feel pretty good about it. I get to be a hot popular girl with a great body. Now if I could just do something with my hair.”